The team at Midwest Fire and Safety can train your staff, or assess your premises to ensure your duty of care and legal compliance obligations are being met.
We provide real solutions to people and organisations confronted with emergency situations. We know that one of the most important parts of our business is in emergency response training, because the impact of a disaster can be substantially reduced when people are trained to respond appropriately to it.
Contact us to arrange a tailored training programs to satisfy the specific needs of industrial, commercial, and institutional premises.
John Smith is a skilled and qualified trainer, with 28 years industry experience and a commitment to provide excellence in training delivery.
In addition to John’s expertise, each of our trainers holds the nationally recognised Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. This ensures that each of our staff has the skills to professionally plan, organise and deliver training to meet the client’s needs.
Midwest Fire specialises in the following areas of fire safety training:
FIRE WARDEN TRAINING
This training covers the following:
- Emergency Planning Committee (EPC)
- Duties of the EPC
- The primary roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Control Organisation (ECO): Chief Warden, Deputy Chief Warden, Communications Officer, Wardens.
- Selection criteria for ECO personnel
- Colour identification of ECO personnel
The duration of this course is approximately 2.5hours. All participants will be issued with a certificate on completion.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND HOSE REEL TRAINING
At the conclusion of this training participants will be able to:
- Identify fire extinguishers by their colour.
- Identify different classes of fires.
- Be able to select the correct extinguisher in an emergency.
- Be competent in fighting small fires.
The duration of the course is approximately 1.5 hours. All participants will be issued with a certificate on completion.
EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEM OPERATOR TRAINING
EVACUATION AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING
EMERGENCY PROCEDURES & PLANNING